Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hello All

I don't even know how many people will be interested in ever reading this but I have just had a lot on my heart that I want to share. After participating in Kathy's blog for a couple of weeks I have realized that I like being able to communicate my successes and struggles with my girl friends and since I don't always have time to talk with everyone, this is a good way.

This past week has been one of the hardest of my life. God has really had to crush me so that He can set my bones straight again. In the mean time I have felt broken and weak as I heal. At times I feel like I'm being to dramatic about things. I know people who are going through much more and are taking it much better. But God has never tested me like this before and I know it's because He's needing me to change. My world is going to be very different very soon.

In 42 days I will no longer work for Pinecrest Schools in Palmdale. I have no idea if I will be working at Pinecrest Lancaster, I also don't know if I will have a job at all or if I do where that next job will be. I am also trying to get pregnant. My body won't let me right now but I am also working to change that. The medication I am taking and the lifestyle changes have been shown to work is less than a year. To me this says: In less than a year, I could be a mother. Kyle is now leading worship much more often at the church as well, the extent of his responsibility is yet to to seen but it looks like... a bit more than he has now. Our financial situation is shaken and the prospect of Kyle changing careers is looking more and more probable.

My world is changing before me rapidly. God needed me to change rapidly, so He broke me so that I couldn't keep running away. I know now that I have not only Him to cast my burdens on but also my husband who has whole heartedly offered to take them and give them to God when I can't seem to. Well, i have known all along but now I am willing to give up my self, a favor God asked me for many years ago which I was hesitant to give.

I started this blog to share with others as I stretch and (hopefully) grow. So... let's see how everything turns out :)

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I will faithfully read your blog. I love my Theresa updates! Thanks for sharing friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read more of your blogs Theresa! You are a natural writer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. theresa i am excited to hear your heart and what God is doing in your life. as i was reading this i was thinking back to high school (ick!) and how much you have grown & changed. it makes me smile :) i know that change is hard (shoot i moved across the country with a 3 month old baby) but it's so so so good. the change that happens in our lives i think is often God's way of saying "i'm still in control. you need to remember that. my plans are better then your plans and my ways are higher then yours." keep trusting him through all this change and on the other side of it you will be so excited & wonder why in the world it was so hard to begin with ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I'm reading it! Just wanted to let you know...

    ReplyDelete