Thursday, August 27, 2009

With great power comes great responsibility...

This wonderful quote was the wise advice of Uncle Ben, no not the rice guy, Spiderman's uncle, before he died. He didn't even know what Spidey was about to take on, but Peter Parker knew that with his new found power he could use it or abuse it. It was the best advice he would ever hear.
We all posses power in some way but more recently I have discovered our newly strengthened power of communication. We can now communicate to whom ever, whenever, and where ever we want, all the time! We can post pictures, stories, all for everyone to see and talk about. Even better, when people comment on your pictures, stories, random thoughts, everyone gets to read those too!! But it starts to make me wonder... this internet thing has sent my voice to be heard across nations... so what am I going to say? Now I will be the first to confess, I say some of the most pointless, unnecessary crap online! From the spider that I found in my kitchen sink to the fact that my tongue hurts because I burned my mouth drinking coffee, you'll probably find a status updates from Theresa Ginn about it. Sometimes I like to think these little bits are a fun peek into my personality, sometimes I think people see these things and quickly choose the "hide" option next to my name. These kind of things can get annoying but are ultimately harmless. But when it comes to important stuff I have found more and more that I don't want to throw my pearls to swine or, for that matter, throw my junk to those I respect and cherish. I have found my self needing to think about things more before I hastily post updates and rant in my blogs. So since I have the power of this blog to share with masses of people I'm going to try to take advantage of it in the best way possible. I haven't blogged in a while so I am going to create a condensed version of all that has been on my mind and I hope to be as wise about it as possible.

Alex: I had to really trust my Lord when I found out what was going to be going on with my dear friend. I saw that my husband was being blessed with strength and peace and I know God has been using him to keep those around us sane and positive. Over the course of Alex's recovery we have been seeing God work through this situation to bring Him glory, I pray it continues. You have all heard all the updates and I don't have much more to add to them but your well wishes and encouraging words are always appreciated. Thank you all so much for your prayers!!

Babies: Most of you know that I have been diagnosed with a syndrome that makes it so I don't ovulate. I'm fine and it's a curable disease, but I know some people are concerned for me. I have really appreciated the hope and support of the women around me. I have been praying about this for some time now and God has been continually showing me that He has a plan, I just have to be patient and wait on Him. I'm not doing the vegan thing anymore and I said buh-bye to Dr. Copeland because his methods were just a little strange for me. I have had a visit with Dr. Baker and she was very encouraging and understanding and the best part is she said I don't have to be vegan! YAY! She suggested hormone therapy so we're going to explore that after I have my ultrasound in September. But just so everyone knows, I really am ok! It's not something that I let destroy me, God has really let me understand His plans and shown me that I'm not lacking in anything but to just stay focused on Him. Best of all He is giving me peace about everything. He is preparing me and it's been really great learning from what He is showing me.

Concern: Something that has been on my heart lately is seeing people in my age group really striving towards righteousness. I have had some pretty specific struggles over the past few months and God has been revealing to me what I need and just flat out don't need and that he doesn't want in my life. He's displaying to me that if I want to see righteousness in those around me that I need to seek it in my self first. Everyone hates a hypocrite, so it was time to yank the plank out of my eye and start seeing God without distractions. The last thing I want to be is a stumbling block to those around me who are on the fence about gray areas. God has helped me make some pretty extreme decisions about compromise and I'm glad... it took time but I know dropping these compromises will help God use me in a greater way. I would hope to see God pushing those around me in a similar direction. I'm excited to see where God is going to take this new found inspiration.

Well that's it, condensed Theresa soup, if you will. I hope it was informative but not too informative, you know what I mean. Take care all!!

2 comments:

  1. Theresa, I thoroughly enjoyed this blog! I just had to comment and say I can relate with compromises and not wanting to be a burden for those on the fence...

    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like and agree

    :)

    ReplyDelete